13/02/2020 - 11/03/2020
KNAC Feb 2020
Weston Education Centre, London
13/08/2019 - 04/09/2019
KNAC Aug 2019
Tina Chan Room, Anaesthetic Dept, London
13/02/2019 - 13/03/2019
KNAC Feb 2019
Tina Chan Room, Anaesthetic Dept, London
At the end of every course or on completion of a day, we ask for feedback from our students. This is so we can continually improve and adapt our courses to current needs.
In order to ensure feedback is done (we aim for 100% return rate), we have had to be quite strict on a number of things.
Certificates for attendance, and elements attended, are only issued once feedback has been done.
The certificates will only reflect the elements of the course for which feedback has been given (not just the elements attended).
The feedback portal generally closes 1 week following completion of the course/day.
Once the feedback portal closes, it does not reopen.
There is a £10 admin fee for reissuing/amending certificates.
We currently only accept applications for a place from trainees who are undertaking their Initial Assessment of Competence (https://www.rcoa.ac.uk/training-and-the-training-programme/initial-assessment-of-competencies-iac).
Therefore we accept applications from students who will be doing their Novice block at the time of the course, irrespective of their base speciality (i.e. ED, ITU and Acute Medicine).
Exceptions can be made but this will only be on a case by case basis. However, the trainee must be GMC registered and working within a UK Hospital (e.g. PICU trainees).
If you think you might not be eligible, please email email@example.com. Your booking may be cancelled if you are not eligible.
How much does it cost?
We submit your names to Health Education England for reimbursement. Non-attendance will be reported to HEE who may seek to recover the cost of the course from the student.
We do not have a mechanism to automatically book people onto the course.
Therefore if you have not booked onto the course via the website, you are not registered for the course. If you attend without booking, we will be unable to accommodate you as there are limited spaces on the course.
(There is also a link at the top and bottom of the page. Follow this to log in and see your bookings)
If you are already logged in
you will see your bookings here:
If you are NOT logged in
Make sure you have booked in the first place 😉
- When you think you first booked, if you didn’t receive an email, then you may not have completed the booking process and are not booked on
If you have booked a place already (but can’t remember your login details), visit https://www.medicalsim.uk/events/my-bookings/
- Click the ‘Log In’ link (you may need to reset your password using the email you signed up with when you booked)
- Check your spam folder for the reset email if you don’t see it in your inbox
- You may entered an incorrect email when you originally signed up for the course
You may not have set a password when you first signed up for course; just follow Lost Password procedure or click https://www.medicalsim.uk/my-account/lost-password/
If the course is fully subscribed, please fill in the below field with your name and email address. The waiting list is ‘first come, first served’.
You will be added to the waiting list for the upcoming course ONLY
We will often send updates to students attending courses by email. These will include emails with:
- Updates to locations
- Reminders to give feedback and
- General information
We use the email you used to sign up to the course with.
If you DID NOT receive an email when you first booked onto the course
- Check your spam
- Make sure you have completed the booking…..
If you are not sure if you have booked onto the course, go to:
If you do not see your booking here once you have logged on you may have:
- Mispelt your email address
- Used a different email address
Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if this has happened and we can check.
If you DID receive an email when you booked onto the course but haven’t received emails and were expecting to
Make sure our emails aren’t going into your spam.
If they are going into spam:
- Depending on which email platform you use determines how you add us to your Safe Senders List
- If you are using your NHS.net email, you probably need to log into the account via a web browser and add us to your White List (mobile clients for NHS.net email will often not have the capability of adding us to the Safe Senders List/White List)
- Gmail sometimes sends our emails to Junk. Just add our domain to your Safe Senders List
You should receive an email immediately with details of the course you have booked – keep this email safe
If you don’t receive an email immediately this could be for a number of reasons:
- There are a back log of emails on our server – you may need to wait up to 6 hours for the email
- The email has gone to your spam – check your spam and if there add our address to your Safe Senders list
- You have entered the incorrect email when booking – contact the course admin and notify them of the error
If you have done the checks above and are still having problems, email email@example.com
You can only log in if you have an account with the website.
You can only have an account if you have previously registered for a course.
Therefore; if you have never been on a course, you will not have an account (unless you used a different email address 😞)
Also, the site will freeze you out if you make multiple attempts to log in with either:
- An incorrect password
- A non-recognised email address
If you have forgotten your password:
- Click on ‘Lost your password?’
- Enter your email address
- (Make sure to check your spam)
- Change your password